LabAsia is part of Informa Markets. Informa has focused on sustainability in areas where we can make the most significant contribution to the economy, society and the environment. We know sustainability is increasingly important to our attendees and exhibitors, as well as to our market as a whole. Delivering a show like LabAsia gives us lots of opportunities to make our event more responsible and play a role in helping our industry improve its own sustainability through connecting people with the networks and knowledge they want to help solve the big challenges in our sector.
Learn more below on our 3 sustainability focus area:
– Using our content to help support the sustainability of the market our event serves
– Inspiring our suppliers, exhibitors and other stakeholders to deliver a sustainable event
– Promote official hotels located near the event venue. Powering the event with renewable energy
– Reducing our event’s carbon emissions
– Creating less waste
– Considering the sustainability credentials of the items sourced for the event
– Bio-degradable paper-based boxes and wooden cutleries to replace all single-use plastic takeaway boxes and utensils.
– Doing business safely and ethically
– Ensuring our event is a welcoming environment for all
– Considering wellbeing and accessibility
– Creating a positive impact on our host cities
– Paperless registration for attendees
– Digitalise print materials
Sustainability at Informa focuses on the long term impacts we have on customers, colleagues, the communities we work in and the environment.
Many of our stakeholders are clearly telling us that sustainability (social, economic and environmental) is something that is no longer a nice to have but a necessary part of any event. We want to make sure we’re meeting those expectations and we believe that being sustainable is the right thing to do.
We also recognise that it’s not just about the way we produce our events and products but recognising that we have a role to play in providing a space to work in partnership together with our markets to inspire the sustainable development of the industries we serve. This is an ongoing process for us and we’re looking for ideas of how we can improve.
More information about our work so far can be found on the www.informa.com/sustainability including our latest sustainability reports.