There have been similar international lab shows in Germany, Middle East USA and Asia but to date, only LabAsia, serves the purpose as being the main regional platform for the Southeast Asia market.
LabAsia also started it’s first step into the Indonesia market by launching LabIndonesia, which turn out to be a success. LabAsia and LabIndonesiaare held biannually alternately. We plan to launch LabPhilippines in future.
All the Lab series exhibitions are accompanied by international conferences organised by local and neighbouring associations. For LabAsia, Institut Kimia Malaysia (IKM) has organised international exhibitions since 2007 held concurrently with LabAsia. They are:
12th Asian Chemical Congress (2007)
AsianAnalysis X (2009) - 10th Asian Conference on Analytical Sciences
CHEMRAWN, ExTech and WISE (2011)
- The 19th IUPAC International Conference on Chemical Research Applied to World Needs
- The 13th International Symposium on Extraction Technologies
- International Symposium on Women in Science
We have also jointly organise a symposium on Laboratory Management with Institut Kimia Malaysia held in conjunction with Lab Indonesia 2010 and 2012 -Indonesia Total Laboratory Management Symposium 2010 and 2nd Indonesia Total Laboratory Management Symposium 2012.
We hope to organise more Lab exhibitions in South East Asia and eventually Asia and other regions of the world.
Vision & Mission
1. To create a platform for scientific professionals from all countries to meet, interact, evaluate, network and research on the latest technologies from the most prominent lab equipment manufacturers and suppliers from across the globe which is expressed through LabAsia’s tagline: Southeast Asia Leading Laboratory Equipment Exhibition.
2. To create a series of lab exhibitions in South East Asia and eventually, tapping into other destinations in Asia, the Middle East and African regions
1. The BIGGEST Lab Exhibition in Southeast Asia (SEA)
2. The FIRST Lab Exhibition in SEA to have an annual regional series:
LabAsia – Malaysia, October 2013
LabIndonesia – Indonesia, May 2014
3. The FIRST Indonesia Total Laboratory Management Symposium (ITLMS) which held in conjunction with LabIndonesia.